The old property of Giovanni Foffani’s mother, Maria Teresa Calligaris, has origins dating back to the 16th century and documented wine production since 1789. The family residential house, facing the main square of the medieval village of Clauiano, is now protected by the Ministry of Fine Arts as an example of local architecture preceding the Venetian villas, that were built one century later. In the backyard, the rural buildings are surrounded by a large garden that continues into the vineyards, in the flatland just below the Eastern Alpine chain. Vineyards are located in DOC Friuli Aquileia in the Friuli region of Northeast Italy. The soil, composed of rich clay and stones, and the climate, open to cool Eastern winds, are ideal for vine raising. Two cellars are used for operations in steel tanks and elevation in wood. Environmental respect and the highest product quality are obtained using extreme care on all operations.